Date: July 2020
Reviews and maintains knowledge of compliance laws and regulations as related to lending and collections ensuring that the credit union is in compliance. Act as main collector for all obligations less than 60 days delinquent and any other that the supervisor assigns. Tries to understand the delinquent members’ circumstances and figure out ways in which those problems may be alleviated.
- Set an example of personal integrity and ethical business practices as a model of conduct for all employees.
* Punctual in Attendance
* Flexibility in working hours
- Establish and maintain favorable relationships with members, employees, government agencies, the community and others to enhance the Credit Union’s reputation.
- Adhere to all policies as set forth by the Board of Directors
- Recognize and/or listen to members’ requests and/or concerns and identify their needs.
- Maintain a professional attitude during stressful situations and/or periods of peak workloads.
- Effective use of time during slow work periods.
- Willingness to take the initiative to help other employees when the workload demands.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle mail and telephone communications related to delinquent loans 60 days or less.
- Mail out all daily notices (past due and reminders)
- Assist Supervisor as needed with the following:
*legal and bankrupt accounts
*incoming payments from Trustees
*attend court proceedings
*pending judgments and track of all judgments filed
*follow-up calls on all delinquent loans
*reminder and past-due notices
- Maintain accurate records on all delinquent accounts.
- Handle or assist supervisor in all phases of repossessions.
- File for disability for members, do all research involved with disability, answer all member questions in reference to disability, and handle all discrepancies
- Continuously train on all aspects of the collections job
- Serve as back-up loan officer when department is shorthanded or swamped when requested by Supervisor or CEO
- Return all calls in a timely manner even if it does not pertain to your job at which point you should guide them in the right direction
- Keep Supervisor and CEO informed of collection attempts
- When taking time off make sure to update Supervisor of any and all outstanding items requiring attention
- When not busy, assist in answering phones and any other area needed
- Process Loan Skip-A-Pays twice a year
- Review Mastercard delinquency
- Print and review Mastercard collections report and freeze/unfreeze accounts as needed
- Recommend changes in policies or procedures to improve loan quality.
- Discuss financial counseling with members.
- Perform Notary duties as needed
- High school education or equivalent.
- At least one year of loan processing, loan interviewing or collection experience.
- Ability to write and speak clearly.
- Knowledgeable of consumer lending regulations.
- Regular use of typewriter, copy machine, personal computer, fax machine, and 10-key by touch.
- Strict confidentiality regarding member’s financial condition.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in daily duties.
- Able to work with team to complete tasks assigned.
This job description is not considered a contract of employment, any aspect of the job can change at any time, and those duties listed are not all inclusive
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org